Share Page:

Volume 11 , Issue 5
September/October 1996

Pages 679-681

Ingested Foreign Body Associated With Oral Implant Treatment: Report of a Case

Philip Worthington, MD, DDS, BSc, FDSRCS

PMID: 8908868

Hazards of oral implant treatment include the inadvertent ingestion or inhalation of components or instruments dropped accidentally into the oropharynx. A case is reported of a swallowed screwdriver, and attention is drawn to the potentially serious consequences. Guidance is given on management. Inhalation of foreign bodies is an even more serious event. The importance of prevention is emphasized both from a medicolegal point of view and as a matter of proper patient care. (INT J ORAL MAXILLOFAC IMPLANTS 1996;11:679681)

Key words: colonoscopy, endoscopy, hemorrhage, infection, ingestion, inhalation, obstruction, perforation, prevention

Full Text PDF File | Order Article


Get Adobe Reader
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view PDF files. This is a free program available from the Adobe web site.
Follow the download directions on the Adobe web site to get your copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader.


© 2015 Quintessence Publishing Co, Inc JOMI Home
Current Issue
Ahead of Print
Author Guidelines
Accepted Manuscripts
Submission Form
Quintessence Home
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
About Us
Contact Us