LOGIN
 
Share Page:
Back

Volume 27 , Issue 3
May/June 2014

Pages 277278


Accidental Ingestion of an Untethered Instrument During Implant Surgery

Lotte Pull ter Gunne, MSc, DDS/Daniel Wismeijer, Prof Dr, PhD, DDS


PMID: 24905271
DOI: 10.11607/ijp.3546

During dental treatment, patients can swallow or inhale a foreign object as a result of several patient- and clinician-related factors; however, several methods can be used to prevent this complication. A 65-year-old man was referred to the Oral Implantology Clinic at the University of Amsterdam (ACTA) for a fixed prosthesis in the maxilla. While placing the implants, the screwdriver accidentally slipped from the fingers of the surgeon and was ingested by the patient. Since the difference between swallowing and inhaling cannot be accurately diagnosed, patient follow-up is advisable. Int J Prosthodont 2014;27:277278. doi: 10.11607/ijp.3546


Full Text PDF File | Order Article

 

 
Get Adobe Reader
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view PDF files. This is a free program available from the Adobe web site.
Follow the download directions on the Adobe web site to get your copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader.

 

© 2017 Quintessence Publishing Co, Inc

IJP Home
Current Issue
Ahead of Print
Archive
Author Guidelines
About
Accepted Manuscripts
Submission Form
Submit
Reprints
Permission
Advertising
Quintessence Home
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
About Us
Contact Us
Help