Esthetics in Implantology
Achieving an optimal esthetic result in implant therapy is a challenge, and one of the most important aspects is the predictability of our final results. The different dental disciplines that are involved (oral surgery, periosurgery, prothodontics) should not be discussed separately. The only way to achieve a satisfactory result is to take into consideration all possible aspects at every step of the treatment (treatment planning, surgery, prosthodontics). Over this 2-day workshop, different treatment modalities and considerations for single-tooth replacement and partially edentulous situations will be explored. During the hands-on portions on implant placement with simultaneous GBR, topics such as ideal technique selection, types of incisions, use of membranes, graft material, and suturing techniques will be discussed.
- Understand the importance of interdisciplinary consideration for the enhanced predictability and esthetic success of results
- Discover the factors that affect the esthetic success of implant therapy, including implant placement, quality of the hard and soft tissues at the implant site, prosthetic choices, and surgical techniques
- Learn and practice surgical techniques for implant placement with simultaneous GBR
CostThe fee to attend is $1,250 and includes the following:
- Admission to the course and workshop on both days
- Lunch, break refreshments, and all-day coffee and tea on both days
- Transportation via private bus between Hotel Baker and workshop at prearranged times
- At least a 15% discount on all available book and multimedia titles
November 29–30, 2018
Up to 12.0 hours of CE credit
Ueli Grunder, DMD, completed his dental degree and his postgraduate education in advanced fixed prosthodontics at the University of Zürich in Switzerland. He is certified in fixed prosthodontics by the Swiss Society of Restorative Dentistry and in implantology by the Swiss Society of Oral Implantology (SGI-SSIO). He is past president of the SGI-SSIO and the European Academy of Esthetic Dentistry. Dr Grunder has published numerous papers and lectures nationally and internationally on the surgical and prosthetic aspects of implant dentistry, and he is author of the book Implants in the Esthetic Zone: A Step-by-Step Treatment Strategy (Quintessence, 2016). He has maintained a private practice in Zollikon, Switzerland, since 1989.