Periodontal and Peri-Implant Plastic Microsurgery – Minimally-Invasive Technique with Maximum Precision
The current challenge of Periodontics is to meet the patients' high esthetic demand in the search for correction of periodontal and peri-implant soft tissue defects. Periodontal microsurgery is a minimally invasive procedure performed with micro instruments and magnification systems (loupe/operative microscope). The accuracy of the technique and the primary wound closure pattern results in faster healing, absence of scars and highly esthetic results. They can be used to correct gingival or peri-implant recessions in single or multiple, shallow or deep defects.
- Discuss the importance and advantages of periodontal and peri-implant plastic microsurgery
- Familiarization with micro instruments and the magnification systems, loupe and operative microscope for the microsurgical techniques
- Present and practice periodontal microsurgical step-by-step techniques for root coverage in single or multiple, shallow or deep defects
CostThe fee to attend is $1,695 and includes the following:
- Admission to the course and workshop on both days
- Lunch, break refreshments, and all-day coffee and tea on both days
- Transportation via private bus between Hotel Baker and workshop at prearranged times
- At least a 15% discount on all available book and multimedia titles
September 13–14, 2019
Up to 12 hours of CE credit
BiographyGlecio Vaz de Campos, DDS, received his DDS degree from São Paulo University in 1982. After specializing in Periodontics and Prosthetics, several years of clinical practice led him to explore new techniques focusing on periodontal plastic surgery. In 1996, he was qualified on this subject at the Microsurgery Training Institute, in Santa Barbara, CA and introduced periodontal and peri-implant plastic microsurgery in South America. Dr. Campos has written 15 book chapters regarding periodontal and peri-implant plastic microsurgery, as well as articles in numerous publications in Brazil and abroad.
Claudio Julio Lopes, DDS, received his DDS degree from UNICID School of Dentistry in Såo Paulo in 1989, and his specialty degree in Periodontics and Implantology. He has worked as an adjunct teacher of Periodontics at Camilo Castelo Branco University from 1990 to 2000, and Board Member of the Academy of Microscope Enhanced Dentistry from 2013 to 2015. He is currently taking his Master Degree in Regenerative Microsurgery at the Medicine School from Såo Paulo University. In addition to maintaining a private practice, his activities concentrate on teaching microsurgery principles for Periodontics, Implantology and Endodontics.